Scala 2.13.0 vs JavaFX 11, extending LineChart produces new error

So in 2.12.8 everything was fine… (Java 11.0.2 and JavaFX 11.0.2)
In 2.13.0 I get:

13: name clash between inherited members:
[error] private[package chart] def dataBeingRemovedIsAdded(x$1: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Data[Number,Number], x$2: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Series[Number,Number]): Unit in class XYChart and
[error] private[package chart] def dataBeingRemovedIsAdded(x$1: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Data[_, _], x$2: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Series[_, _]): Unit in class LineChart
[error] have same type after erasure: (x$1: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Data, x$2: javafx.scene.chart.XYChart.Series)Unit
[error] final class OTLineChart(val xAxis: NumberAxis,

when I try to compile the class:

final class OTLineChart(val xAxis: NumberAxis,
                        val yAxis: NumberAxis,
                        val values: Array[Float],
                        val tToX: SimTime => Int)
  extends LineChart[Number, Number](xAxis, yAxis) {...}

which seems to be a new strict compiler interpretation. (Probably OK, but I might not be able to convince the JavaFX team to change their code…) And walking up the inheritance tree should select the correct overridden method (as it did in 2.12.8), especially after erasure.
What am I supposed to do? Abandon Scala 2.13.0, post a bug-report for the Scala compiler, or do ???

Thanks
Lothar

In case it may help, I can easily reproduce this with a simplified example (compiles with 2.12.8, doesn’t compile with 2.13.0):

// Data.java
public class Data<X> {}

// XYChart.java
public abstract class XYChart<X> {
    void dataBeingRemovedIsAdded(Data<X> item) {}
}

// LineChart.java
public class LineChart<X> extends XYChart<X> {
    @Override void dataBeingRemovedIsAdded(Data item) {} // Notice the raw type 'Data' here
}

// OTLineChart.scala
final class OTLineChart extends LineChart[Number]

If I replace the raw type in LineChart.java by the generic type (like in XYChart.java), then the example does compile with Scala 2.13.0.

ticket: https://github.com/scala/bug/issues/11588, which was closed as a duplicate