Indeed, and this observation was exactly the reason I made de post. To find out which of the ones below holds true:
- Me being stupid
- New undocumented behaviour
- A bug in Scala 2: it should have always worked, but was never noticed.
- A bug in Scala 3: it should not work, but suddenly it does.
The second turns out to be the case.
Calling this “old style” is based on footnote 6 on page 83 of " Programming in Scala, Fifth Edition" stating “Note, prior to Scala 3, you accessed the elements of a tuple using one-based field names, such as _1 or _2.”
No, i did not. I knew it failed for Scala 2 so that is why i was surprised it suddenly did. (I noticed it while refactoring a tuple to a case class)