Cutting a Scala Library Release

Hello! I’m trying to deploy a scala library to the Central repository using the instructions here:

https://docs.scala-lang.org/overviews/contributors/index.html#cut-a-release

When I get to the sbt publishSigned command, it gives me a 400 error in response to a PUT request after I enter my PGP passphrase. Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!

Maybe this can help ->

Please check you are using a group that is new and does not belong to anyone else. Also as the guide mentioned, try to use a new version everytime you make a publish (if those are the politicts of your artifact).

Run the last command in SBT after the failed sbtPublish, this should print a more verbose log which might give a clue what’s going on.

1 Like

I’ve confirmed that the group belongs to me. This is the first time I’ve tried to publish this project (or any project for that matter). Since the group is completely empty it shouldn’t matter what version I use. Based on the troubleshooting guide, I’d have to conclude that a release artifact is being deployed to a snapshot repository or vice-versa. I’ll continue along that hypothesis.

Thanks!

last doesn’t seem to give any extra information. It prints out the same exception details.