Can you guys help me with a project?

I can post the pdf here. Ive never posted to this forum before so IDK if people actually help with college assignments.

I am not sure about the rules on this site, but I guess most people would follow something similar to SO.

It is not wrong to ask questions about your homework, unless your professor has explicitly stated that you can’t (which IMHO would be pretty stupid, but that is another topic). What is wrong is asking for strangers to do all your homework (and for free).

First try to solve the problem by yourself, but if you have any troubles do not doubt in ask, just try to be concise and specific about your question.

Basically,

I have to make a dnd character sheet with an input/output of this:

—INPUT—
Regdar
Fighter
Mercenary
—OUTPUT—
Regdar, Level 3 Fighter
Hit Points: 39
Armor Class: 15
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Ability Scores:
Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 11 (+0)
Int: 5 (-3)
Attacks:
Sword: +5
Bow: +2
Skills:
Athletics: +5
Perception: -1

The numbers are all calculated through formulas and I have no idea how to start It.

Ok so:

The first thing would be to crate the functions that handle all the logic, create some case classes to represent the inputs and outputs. Once you have that, you can focus on how to read the standard input and how to print to the output, for those two you can find plenty of information on the internet or you can ask here again.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

In those situations, usually the best way to proceed is to solve a simpler version of the problem first, then expand and improve that solution, a step at a time, until it solves the full problem. Even experienced professional programmers do this.

For example, you might begin just by trying to produce the first line of output:

Regdar, Level 3 Fighter

get that working first, worry about the rest later.

If you can’t get even that much working, come back here and ask specific questions about specifically where you’re getting stuck.

3 Likes