Using Scala Logo

Hello!
Please kindly help me with the following question:
Our company is planning to run an external Scala training for newbies (for free). Are we allowed to use the Scala logo in promotional digital banners and other creative materials?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Last I remember it was fine in most cases, and you can ask the scala center for the double-check. @sjrd can you confirm that?

1 Like

As long as the logo is not used in a way that implies that Scala or one of its leading organizations (EPFL, Lightbend, Scala Center) endorses your training, this is OK.

1 Like

fwiw, there is a not-really-resolved ticket-of-record on this at https://github.com/scala/scala-lang/issues/1040

1 Like

Hello!

Where do I check legal information or contact email?

We are currently working on a mobile game centered around technology, mining, and various other elements. As part of the game, we have planned to introduce 30 fictitious currencies that players can mine. Given the specific theme, we thought it would be interesting to utilize the names of the top programming languages. We wanted to inquire if this is permissible use of the Scala name and logo to symbolize the Coin within the game.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
WeverWy Team