Announcing Scala.js 1.7.0

We are excited to announce the release of Scala.js 1.7.0!

This release fixes a number of bugs. In particular, regular expressions, available through java.util.regex.Pattern or Scala’s Regex and .r method, now behave in the same way as on the JVM. This change has compatibility implications, which we discuss i.

Moreover, this release fixes all the known bugs that were left. As of this writing, Scala.js 1.7.0 has zero known bugs!

Read the announcement on the Web for more details:

Enjoy!
the Scala.js team

7 Likes

That’s one hell of an accomplishment, @sjrd ! Congratulations to you and your team!

And tysvm for working so hard to produce such an awesome product!

1 Like

Congratulations, this is indeed a very big deal!! Moreover, it speaks to the maturity of Scala.js.

While Scala.js still very accurately brands itself as A safer way to build robust
front-end web applications!
, another sign of its maturity is a growing community interest in running Scala.js on the backend, e.g. on AWS Lambda’s Node.js runtimes. There have recently been several discussions about this over in the Typelevel Discord.

If you don’t mind, I would like to re-ignite a thread that I started a couple of weeks ago, about how to write SJS libraries that support both browser and Node.js environments. I would especially be grateful for @sjrd’s thoughts on this topic.

2 Likes